A downloadable game for Windows
We live in an amazing time. Computers are becoming smarter and more powerful, and more tangible items are being turned into digital data. Science predicts that within the next hundred years artificial intelligence (AI) will be as smart as humans. Imagine the possibilities if this trend continues for thousands of years.
In the distant future, AI will be so common in technology that even a single pixel in an image file may be controlled by one. Pixel: ru² is a tale of a sentient pixel that is tasked with eliminating a virus and restoring corrupted image files. Being a pixel isn't easy; you'll face infected pixels, puzzles that require color and gravity manipulation, and precision platforming challenges. You can complete your mission as efficiently as possible, or you can let your curiosity lead you to bits of information that may reveal the bigger picture.
Pixel: ru² (are you squared) is a game that is a combination of a platformer, a shooter, and a puzzle game. The gameplay features color theory based puzzle and combat mechanics and gravity manipulation based puzzle and platforming mechanics. There are a lot of simple systems stacked on top of each other which makes it easy to learn, but difficult to master.
- Colorblind mode for those of us that see the world differently.
- Shooter mechanics that are based around color theory. Shoot infected pixel with their opposite colors to turn them white and make them a dead pixel.
- Platforming mechanics based around manipulating the gravity of yourself and other objects.
- Puzzle mechanics that involve gravity manipulation and color theory. Change the color and gravity of yourself and other objects to get through the levels.
- Full story told throughout a series of challenging puzzles.
- A drag and drop level editor with a logic engine that allows you to make simple or complex levels.
- Stereoscopic 3D mode for devices like the Oculus Rift.
Do not buy this game based on this list.
- A central hub for the community to share levels with each other that can be accessed both inside and outside of the game.
- A secure online leaderboard for all levels within the game -- including those created by the community.
- A cooperative mode for playing with your friends offline and online.
- Team based online player-vs-player.
PC Master Race
Pixel: ru² is designed to be run at 120 FPS. If needed, it can be rendered at a lower framerate through the video settings, but it will still internally run at a smooth 120 Hz.
Pixel: ru² may look like a low resolution game, but it's actually designed for a 4K display. Anything smaller results in the graphics being scaled down to fit correctly. This means that instead of the graphics being stretched or duplicated for scaling up, they are blended together smoothly for scale down. This results in a much nicer looking experience for all resolutions.
Have a keyboard with RGB LED's in it? We designed Pixel: ru² to take advantage of them by doing colorful effects while you play the game resulting in a more immersive experience
Here's a list of keyboards we currently support:
- Corsair Gaming K65 RGB Mechanical Gaming
- Corsair Gaming K70 RGB Mechanical Gaming
- Corsair Gaming K95 RGB Mechanical Gaming
More will be coming in the next few months.
Even though Pixel: ru² is a 2D game it still has a stereoscopic mode that allows it to be played with devices such as the Oculus Rift. This feature is still in development and needs additional work.
This Steam Early Access game is currently not a finished game and may or may not change significantly over the course of development. To learn more about Steam Early Access, please visit:
|Published||1 year ago|
|Authors||// C63.Industries, Wolfenhex, Charlaxy|
|Tags||Abstract, areyousquared, are-you-squared, Colorful, Gravity, pixel, Puzzle-Platformer, ru2, Shooter, Virtual Reality|
|Average duration||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Mouse, XBox 360 controllers|
|Accessibility||Color-blind friendly, Configurable controls, High-contrast|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: